Easing access to financial advice during COVID-19
- Temporary relief measures for financial advisers.
- ASIC is monitoring how market conditions affect the financial advice industry during COVID-19.
- We have outlined the steps we will take to reduce regulatory burden for the industry, and will provide updated information regularly.
To help more people access financial advice during the COVID-19 pandemic, ASIC has:
- introduced temporary relief measures for advisers so they can provide more people with financial advice
- delayed our regulatory work so advisers can spend more time providing financial advice to clients
- provided information on how advisers can take advantage of available technology to provide financial advice.
Further information can be found at COVID-19 information for financial advisers and advice licensees.
While we have provided some relief to the financial advice industry, we will not tolerate any conduct that seeks to exploit current market conditions or vulnerable consumers.
If you become aware of any scams or bad behaviour that relates to financial products, submit a report of misconduct to ASIC.
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator.